Meet Shane McMahon.
He drinks his coffee black. He’s a family man. He’s a man of few words (unless you get him fired up). And, he’s been with Canadian Energy for over 15 years.
Shane started his journey with us at our Kamloops Branch as a Warehouse/Countersales person. He has driven route trucks, spent time as a Branch Manager in Winnipeg, and most recently works from our Head Office in Calgary. Shane has definitely taken on a lot of different roles.
Shane is without a doubt one of the most capable members of our team. We sat down with Shane recently for a quick chat about his history with Canadian Energy so we can all get to know him a little better.
1.How long have you been with our company?
2. What is your title and role at Canadian Energy?
"My current title is Director of Supply Chain & Information Technology. Let’s just say my role involves wearing a lot of hats!”
3. What’s the best thing about coming to work every day?
“I work with great people, and I can look forward to new challenges every day"
4. What’s the one piece of advice you’d give to someone who is just getting started with our Company?
“Work hard, be engaged, and always be on the lookout for opportunities to grow with the company".
5. What’s the reason you’ve stayed with CE so long?
"If I'm not happy going to work every day, then it's probably time to move on. I can honestly say that has never been the case with CE".
6. What is your motto or personal mantra?
“Life is hard. It’s even harder when you’re stupid.”
7. What is your favourite movie?
8. Who is your favourite band or singer?
"I’m a 90’s music kinda guy. Gotta go Pearl Jam.”
9. If Hollywood made a movie about your life, who would you like to see star as you?
“Al Pacino circa 1973?”
10. If you could meet anyone in the world dead or alive who would it be and why?
“Elan Musk. Why not. Maybe John Molson.”
11. If you had to eat one meal, every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
“Burger. Fries. Side of beer.”
12. If it could help with your job, what superpower would you like to have?
“The ability to see into the future. On second thought, the ability to end this interview.”
13. Who do you nominate for our interview next month?
“Huang lu.” (Senior Engineer).
Well said, Shane. We appreciate your hard work and dedication to the company every day! Look for our chat with Huang in December!