1. How long have you been with our company? I have been with Canadian Energy for 4 years as of January 14, 2018.
2. What is your title and role at Canadian Energy? I don’t really have an official title I am sort of a jack of all trades when it comes to office duties. I help Brian and JoAnne whenever they need help I file I take orders and input and invoice them I post cheques I do majority of the Retail that comes in through the front door and I love it all except for filing that gets monotonous.
3. What’s the best thing about coming to work every day? I truly love my job I adore our customers and I feel like in Edmonton we have a family vibe between all of our team members. I learn something new pretty much every day as our industry is constantly changing.
4. What’s the one piece of advice you’d give to someone who is just getting started with our Company? Take your time and learn everything you can! Listen to what everyone talks about even when they aren’t training you absorb it like a sponge you never know when you will need something that seemed irrelevant at the time. Our company has been around for a long time and there are a lot of people who have been around for many years and are EXTREMELY knowledgeable use them to your advantage! Ask questions and remember when there are times when it is crazy busy and you feel like you cant keep up just breathe and refocus and buckle down you got this!.
5. What’s the reason you’ve stayed with CE so long? We truly have one of the most amazing companies to work for, we have an amazing support system coast to coast if you don’t know the answer someone will or we have the resources to find out the answer. We also have one of the best customer service oriented places to work and I love being part of that. I feel pride when I see people posting about our company and saying how amazing we are. There are so many things that are amazing it’s hard to not ramble on forever.
6. What is your motto or personal mantra? “Always be Humble and Kind” Tim McGraw. This world is mean and harsh enough always remember to smile because your smile could change someone’s day.
7. What is your favourite movie? This is a tough one! I love the movie “A walk to remember” but ever since the “Pitch Perfect” movies came out I have definitely switched my favourite to that!
8. Who is your favourite band or singer? I know I will get harassed for this but I am a country girl at heart and I am currently really enjoying some of the older country music I grew up listening to with my great grandma and my mom baking in the kitchen. I like Reba McIntyre, Dolly Parton, Johnny Cash and all of those greats!.
9. If Hollywood made a movie about your life, who would you like to see star as you? Anna Kendrick, I think she is hilarious and down to earth and real unlike lots of the other actresses.
10. If you could meet anyone in the world dead or alive who would it be and why? That is a toss up I am a singer and have been truly inspired by 2 of country musics greats but I believe Dolly Parton would be an amazing woman to meet and just listen to her stories and experiences and sing with her.
11. If you had to eat one meal, every day for the rest of your life, what would it be? Chicken Caesar Salad with Garlic Bread.
12. If it could help with your job, what superpower would you like to have? The ability to pause the rest of the world to be able to catch up on things when it is really busy. I feel this would also come in handy in life in general so that we could pause the meaningful moments and enjoy their sweetness just a little longer.
13. Who do you nominate for our interview next month? Roxanne Colpitts you are up!.