1. How long have you been with our company? Since February 2014.
2. What is your title and role at Canadian Energy? CFO and General Counsel.
3. What’s the best thing about coming to work every day? Working with people that I like being around.
4. What’s the one piece of advice you’d give to someone who is just getting started with our Company? When someone asks for a piece of advice, never give just one piece of advice. Just Kidding! Find joy in doing the most ordinary things and everyday will be filled with happiness … AND … Smile when you don’t feel like it and you will find yourself feeling like smiling.
5. What’s the reason you’ve stayed with CE so long? I have enjoyed the growth of the organization and how I feel when I think about what we do.
6. What is your motto or personal mantra? Doing the right thing, especially when it is hard, will always lead to the right result.
7. What is your favourite movie? The Princess Bride.
8. Who is your favourite band or singer? Billy Joel.
9. If Hollywood made a movie about your life, who would you like to see star as you? Benedict Cumberbatch, because with a last name like Cumberbatch, he might really understand what it is like to have a last name like Smurthwaite.
10. If you could meet anyone in the world dead or alive who would it be and why? Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau because someone needs to slap some sense into that wacko!
11. If you had to eat one meal, every day for the rest of your life, what would it be? A big garden salad with a vinaigrette dressing with a side of avocado toast and freshly squeezed orange, cranberry, mango juice.
12. If it could help with your job, what superpower would you like to have? I'd like to be able to clone myself an unlimited number of times and control all of my clones with a hive mind.
13. Who do you nominate for our interview next month? Kelly Sauerberg.