1. How long have you been with our company? I’ve been with the company 19 months.
2. What is your title and role at Canadian Energy? I am the Branch Manager in Winnipeg.
3. What’s the best thing about coming to work every day? The team. The guys here in the Peg are a tight group which is amazing! Even on the most hectic days our comradery really makes the day a breeze. (Don’t tell Brad I said it was a breeze though.
4. What’s the one piece of advice you’d give to someone who is just getting started with our Company? Ask questions!! There is no question that cannot be answered by someone at CE, HONEST. I’m confident that Randy, Adam, and Huang could go toe to toe with the best in the industry in terms of DC power knowledge. None of them will admit to it though, because they are all too HUMBLE.
5. What’s the reason you’ve stayed with CE so long? The better question is "why do I plan to stay as long as I do" and the answer to that is opportunity. I’m an ambitious guy and I firmly believe this is a company where I can grow. CE is a place where I can achieve my professional goals.
6. What is your motto or personal mantra? “You don’t live long enough to make every mistake yourself, so at least try to learn from others”
7. What is your favourite movie? Hands down its Back to the Future. I was at the exact right age when that movie came out and I remember being consumed by the story. I was the only 7 year old walking around talking about Libyan terrorists.
8. Who is your favourite band or singer? I have a large range to my musical taste so I guess I’ll go with the two most recent shows I attended: Earlier this month I was in Vegas I saw Calvin Harris and also went to “Love", the Beatles' Cirque du Soleil show, so since those two are fresh in mind, I’ll go with them.
9. If Hollywood made a movie about your life, who would you like to see star as you? If you ask Craig it would be George Lucas…apparently he’s my celebrity doppelgänger. If I had to choose, I would go with a young, WAY over the top William Shatner.
10. If you could meet anyone in the world dead or alive who would it be and why? I’d have to go with Terry Fox. I have had the unfortunate experience of losing a loved one to cancer and Terry serves as an inspiration to me and the rest of Canada with his brave battle against the disease. I would love to have the opportunity to sit down and find where his drive came from and how he found the inspiration to continue going.
11. If you had to eat one meal, every day for the rest of your life, what would it be? Very Specifically, because at the moment I’m HUNGRY (see what I did there…HHH), it would be: number 17. (Green Curry), number 1. (Pad Thai), and number 40. (Matsaman); from Magic Thailand on Logan Ave…THE BEST!!
12. If it could help with your job, what superpower would you like to have? The ability to breath under water. I love to SCUBA dive and explore the oceans and I don’t think I need a super power to help me with my job…the CE team has my back - what more could you ask for?!
13. Who do you nominate for our interview next month? Next month...Brad Clowes!