1. How long have you been with our company? 5 years and 9 months.
2. What is your title and role at Canadian Energy? Operations Manager (Southern AB & Saskatchewan).
3. What is the most important personal attribute that you bring to your job? The willingness to do what it takes to get things done, even if that means teaching myself to do something I have never done before.
4. What is the best piece of professional advice you’ve ever received? Always be approachable. Never leave someone (co-worker, friend, customer) feeling like they can’t come to you for anything.
5. What must you do during the day in order to feel accomplished when the day ends? Usually I like to complete any tasks I have within the same day if possible. I always like to start the next day with a clean slate- I never know what will be thrown at me.
6. Have you ever had to unlearn something in your professional life? If so, what? Yes, I have had to work on not taking things so personally. I am working on getting thicker skin as I have transitioned into a management role.
7. If you had a time machine, what year would you travel to and why? I would go back to the 1950’s. I don’t know why but I have always loved this era. The fashion was beautiful and everything was so glamourous.
8. What was the best concert you have ever attended? Imagine Dragons. It’s my son’s favourite band and we decided to take him to it for his first concert. It ended up being the best concert I have ever been to and now one of my favourite bands.
9. Where is your favourite place in the world? I really love Costa Rica. But truly my favourite place is my bed. I love to starfish and watch a good show. I also love to sleep in (just ask my husband).
10. Who would you most like to swap places with for a day? A child. What would it be like to be stress free, no pressure and you don’t care what anyone thinks of you?
11. If you were famous, what would you be famous for? I would be a famous singer. I have always envied this talent.
12. If you were a dog, what breed would you be and why? A Golden Retriever; they are the most gentle and cuddly family dogs. They also have great hair. (I know this because I have one that leaves it everywhere).
13. If you could become a master of something, what would it be? II would become a master of mind reading. I mean who doesn’t want to know what everyone else is thinking? Also, I know a few people who would love if I could.
14. If you could become fluent in any language, what language would you choose? I would choose Spanish. It’s such a beautiful language.
15. Who is our next team spotlight going to be? Jarrett Sauer