1. How long have you been with our company? I have been with Canadian Energy for 25 years. Yes, I was a young child when I started.
2. What is your title and role at Canadian Energy? My title is Office Manager, I have a variety of duties including the most important job in the office. Making sure we never run out of coffee or toilet paper - that would be bad.
3. What’s the best thing about coming to work every day? We work very hard but have fun. I never know when my desk will be covered in shrink wrap, boxes or when a cup of confetti will fall on my head when I open a door. My co-workers in the office and throughout the company are always there to help answer any questions or just to have a good laugh.
4. What’s the one piece of advice you’d give to someone who is just getting started with our Company? Work hard and have fun.
5. What’s the reason you’ve stayed with CE so long? Well, to tell the truth, I started 25 years ago as a temp. employee as a favor to a friend. I was hired for a week, but then no one asked me to leave so I just kept coming back. I cherish the friendships I have made with my “extended family”. We may not talk everyday but I know they are there for me, if I need anything.
6. What is your motto or personal mantra? “What goes around comes around” so try to be nice to everyone. And recently I read a new quote: “Everyone gets a second chance – It’s called tomorrow".
7. What is your favourite movie? I am a total sap for those mushy “Christmas Movies”. They all have the same plot: Boy meets girl, girl hates boy, boy and girl get snowed in and then ”Happy Ending”.
8. Who is your favourite band or singer? My favorite singer is Garth Brooks and he was also the best concert I ever went too. “Friends in Low Places” you can’t beat that.
9. If Hollywood made a movie about your life, who would you like to see star as you? If think Sandra Bullock could play my shy, sensitive and quirky side.
10. If you could meet anyone in the world dead or alive who would it be and why? My co-workers think I am obsessed with the Royal Family. Who doesn’t really want to know what happens behind the palace doors. By the way I am still waiting for my invitation to the Royal Wedding in May (must still be in the mail).
11. If you had to eat one meal, every day for the rest of your life, what would it be? Probably Chinese Food. For sure not my cooking.
12. If it could help with your job, what superpower would you like to have? That would have to be “Mind Reading”.
13. Who do you nominate for our interview next month? The best prankster (in his mind only) Andrew MacLennan.